Welcome to the Home Page of the Musical Club of Hartford
The Musical Club of Hartford, Inc., is a non-profit Connecticut organization celebrating its 124th anniversary this year. It was founded by a small group of music lovers who met frequently to perform for each other. Over the past century its membership has grown to almost 300 music lovers, who meet to perform or listen to performances of classical music. Membership is open to performers or to those who simply enjoy classical music, providing a network for musicians from the Greater Hartford area. For an Application click Membership in the menu to the left.
Click on Schedule to see dates for next Season and mark your calendars. Special events are described in Concerts & Events. Information will be published as it is received.
Musical Club Activities
Each year, from October to May, ten or more concerts are presented by performing members, featuring soloists and vocal or instrumental ensembles. These concerts usually take place on Thursday mornings at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2080 Boulevard, West Hartford, CT.
- Professional guest artists perform two major concerts each year.
- Special guests and members present exploratory lectures and demonstrations.
- The club sponsors annual scholarship competitions for Connecticut high school music students in piano, strings, winds and voice. The winners present a concert a couple of weeks after the competition, to which the public is invited..
- Scholarships are also awarded to college-level advanced piano students, through the Evelyn Bonar Storrs Scholarship Fund. The "Storrs Scholars" present a stunning piano recital each spring.
- The Musical Club gives financial support to statewide community music organizations.
Membership is open to all. You can download an application to complete and mail in from the Membership page. We look forward to welcoming you.